5 OF THE BENEFITS OF SHEA BUTTER
According to the African traditions, some of the parts of the Shea tree were famous for several things, from their pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties to relieving various health issues like ulcers. This time however, the main focus is on the skin problems that it offers solutions to.
1. It moisturises your skin without making it greasy: It works as an emollient that softens and hydrates skin. The presence of fatty acids such as palmitic, stearic lineoleic, and oleic acids plays to skin’s advantage, and strongly. They empower the skin’s natural barrier, by boosting its protection against the environmental external particles like pollutants.
2. One of the finest natural anti-inflammatory products: Thanks to some of the substances it contains, probably the most known benefit of Shea Butter is its ability to ease redness and swelling, and even deeper damages like cuts, scrapes or small wounds in skin. It’s due to its wide presence of rich fatty-acids that we mentioned before that aids to soften the skin surface and speed up scar-healing processes. Furthermore, it may help also soothe conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
3. A very powerful anti-oxidant: Being rich in vitamins A and E, Shea Butter promotes one of the strongest antioxidant activities out there. Antioxidants are one of the most important anti-aging agents, as they form a very solid protection to your skin cells from free radicals that often lead to dull-looking and skin premature aging.
4. It boosts promote cell regeneration: Shea’s moisturizing and antioxidant abilities together combined help your skin by a great deal to generate new, healthy cells. Our body constantly create new skin cells and simultaneously get rid of the dead ones, something between 30,000 to 40,000 daily just so you know. Given that the dead and old skin cells remain on the skin top and the new ones form below the upper layer of skin, a moisture balance on the skin surface is very necessary, which conclusively brings another reason why Shea is the hero of the day to life.
5. It can be applied to all types of Skin: Last but not least, and probably the most important fact here is that it comes with no side effects to anyone. Given its very low proteins that might trigger allergies, there is no way for it to cause the opposite effects of what we seek to achieve. It does not contain chemical irritants either, that might cause the skin to dry out. Raw shea butter nonetheless does contain latex, so it’s most recommended that people with latex allergies should avoid it. They need to assure that they use refined Shea butter only.
IMAGINE SHEA BUTTER: AN ASPIRATION TURNING INTO REALITY
One of our biggest aspirations, something that is also about to be achieved, is to bring Africa to you too, and Imagine Shea Butter is one of our first steps that you’ll get to see and touch with your own senses very soon. Made possible by Beart & Gibson, a British company with a unique international activity since 1997, our partnership aims to make a difference in customers’ lives, helping them feel great both physically and mentally. This is why our team is currently trying its very best to bring out Africa’s best and offer it to our precious customers, because your well-being is our pride.